Friday, October 12, 2012

Troubleshooting what's that?

So when I saw that the topic for class this week was troubleshooting it really got me to think about myself in regards to it. I will fully admit that I have become spoiled when it comes to troubleshooting, because I really don't have to do any of it! My roommate works for a computer company and is really handy with computers and networks and pretty much anything along those lines. If I run into an issue I usually just ask my roommate to look at the device, with very, very little troubleshooting done on my part!

This weeks assignments although many things were what I would consider "common sense" and things that I do with out calling it troubleshooting, were good to hear again! It's funny how many issues we have with technology can easily be fixed just by doing something as simple as making sure all the wires are plugged in all the way.

So in regards to school based technologies I wonder how many schools have a tech person on hand that can help them when they run into daily problems? Because I know I can run into at least 1 issue a week and it is difficult to get things fixed on a timely basis because our tech person is only at our school 2 days a week. What do you do in the mean time? All thoughts are welcomed!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are in a good situation. I have friends in the restaurant business, so I have access to food. You have friends in the computer business, so you get access to free troubleshooting. LUCKY!!!!

    The tech guy at my school is pretty handy when it comes to the "gear" I use in my class. He is also pretty darn good with newer things that are coming out. There is really only one problem I have with him...

    There is only ONE OF HIM!

    I feel like our tech guy is being pulled in 10 different directions all the time. And when I get a silly problem the last thing he needs is for me to hunt him down. I usually try my best to fix things without messing them up. 9 times out of 10 I am able to figure out a solution, or at least a "for now" solution. Eventually, he gets by my room.

    I think our school would be crippled if he were to go AWOL.

    Good post!

    If you work in a school...hug your tech guy!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete