Sunday, November 4, 2012

All About Me Project

This week we had to create an example of the presentation we want our students to create.  For my presentation I am going to ask my students to create an about me project.  I work with students in grades K-2 who have disabilities.  In my class we work a lot on social skills so I figured by doing this lesson not only can I teach my students using technology, it can be a social studies and social skills lesson on community and getting to know your classmates.  I am keeping the presentation simple because I work with the younger students, as well as I know to help complete this project I will need the assistance of families, so I did not want to include a whole lot of elements.

I am looking for any and all feedback on my presentation, including but not limited to what you liked, what you didn't, and what I can do to make it better.  Thank you for taking the time to view my project :-)



4 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I think this is a perfect project example for Exceptional Ed students. It is simple, organized and clear. The pictures are great visuals. I haven't worked with Prezi. Can you add music to your slides? It might make it more fun if you could add some audio.
    Jodie G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan,

    Thanks for sharing your example of digital storytelling. What I liked about it was it was precise and will give your students a great format to follow. I also liked how it started with you (in the middle) and ended with you. The template is great, too, and tells me you must like the water. If you are wanting your students to add audio, then it would be great to add audio, as well as an example. Great pictures, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Megan,

    I like the way that you used in the presentation the subject, but if you add music and video it will be better for the suspense of these cases.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Muneer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Megan,
    It's amazing how many similarities there seem to be between teaching students with disabilities in K-2 and my experience in preschool. Visuals and audio are great. Also, "all about me" is so important in preschool. Interesting parallels!
    I think your sample Prezi is appropriate and this type of learning activity would be beneficial to the students in many ways. Great job embedding your Prezi too-- I just figured that out myself, lol.
    Thanks,
    Meghan S

    ReplyDelete